Job Title: Home Care Assistant Cavan
- Location: Co. Cavan
- Closing Date: Monday, 05 June 2017
Irish Wheelchair Association (IWA) is delighted to announce that we are now offering quality home care to older people. We believe that every older person has the right to remain in their own home and our dedicated team of qualified Home Care Assistants provide the highest quality of one to one care and support to clients in their own homes. 100% member owned and led, we are passionate about what we do.
We are seeking applications from qualified Home Care Assistants in the following areas; Virginia, Cootehill, Ballyjamesduff, Cavan Town and Kingscourt.
Duties include personal care, dressing, grooming, driving and light domestic assistance.
Do you have a great personality and a real desire to work with older people in the community? Are you energetic, empathetic and committed to doing something worthwhile? If so, we want to hear from you!
To apply for this position, please download the application form or send your CV to email@example.com
What we offer:
- Guaranteed hours per week
- €12.29 to €13.63 basic rate per hour (yearly increases)
- Extra premiums for nights, weekends and public holidays (Time + ½ on Sundays, Double Time on public holidays)
- Paid sick leave/maternity/paternity leave
- Paid peer support meetings
- Company VHI & Pension Schemes
- Training & Development Opportunities including internal QQI programmes and Support for Further Education
- Employee Assistance Programme with free counselling and information services
- Discounted HSF Health Plans including 24 hour GP advice line
- TaxSaver Travel Tickets & Cycle to Work Scheme
Requirements for Interview:
- Evidence of QQI Major Award Level 5 in Healthcare or equivalent
- Previous care experience, ideally in a home care setting
- Driving license and own transport
- Two written references
IWA is a quality accredited not for profit organisation delivering a range of services to people with disabilities and older people in every town and village in Ireland. Our goal is to have the right people in the right place at the right time and we understand that our people are our greatest asset.
IWA is an equal opportunity employer