Irish Wheelchair Association Privacy and Cookies Statement
Irish Wheelchair Association (IWA) is committed to protecting the privacy of all visitors to our websites. We are aware that as a visitor to our websites that you care about the security and privacy of your information.
We take all reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of information that you give us. Agents or contractors of Irish Wheelchair Association who have access to information that you submit through our website in the course of providing services to us are required to keep this information confidential and are not permitted to use it for any other purpose other than to carry out the services that they are performing for Irish Wheelchair Association. No information provided through this site in any area will be given to any other third party, unless we receive your prior authorisation or unless we are required to by law.
IWA websites contain links to other external websites and IWA cannot be held responsible for the privacy policies of these other websites.
Using our Website
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
- Required cookies. These are cookies that are strictly required for the correct operation of our website. Without these cookies, our website will not work properly.
- Analytical & performance cookies. These cookies are used to help us gauge how well our website is performing. Thew recognise and measure how many visitors use our website and what pages they visit. This allows us edit our website content to help visitors find what they are looking for quicker and easier.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the content you have viewed and the links you followed. We use this data to track how our campaigns are performing and how well our content is being consumed. We may also share this information with third parties to facilitate this purpose.
- Functional cookies. These cookies are help us tailor content for you and remember your preferences so you do not have to repeat actions every time you visit our website.
You are welcome to block the cookies we use on our website however blocking certain cookies will affect the performance of our website and your experience. This may also cause the website to stop working completely.
Find out how to manage the cookies stored on your computer by visiting http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/
Please note: IWA is not responsible or liable for any issues that may arise from blocking particular cookies as this may have implications for viewing other websites.
Information relating to our Service Users, Members and Customers
If you are an existing Service user, Member or a Customer who applies for one of our services or products details of how we process your information will be contained on the relevant application form and product terms and conditions.
However please note the following;
Your information comprises of all details we hold about you and your interactions and transactions with us we do not share any of this information with a third party outside of Irish Wheelchair Association without your prior authorisation. All payments by credit card over the internet are processed through a secure server.
Who do we share your information with?
We may use and share your information with other departments internally in Irish Wheelchair Association to help us and them:
- To understand your requirements
- To improve and develop services
- To advocate on behalf of People with Physical disabilities to Government departments. We do not disclose any personal details or information without your authorisation