- Additional funding of €13 million for approximately 1,600 school leavers with disabilities in 2020 to access supports and services.
- An additional €5 million for emergency residential care placements and in-home support for those with high support needs.
- An additional €5 million for respite services.
- Carer’s Support Grant of €1,700 will be paid in 2020 to over 126,000 carers. Carers will also benefit from an increased number of hours they can work outside the home – from 15 to 18.5 hours per week.
- An additional €2 million will be provided in 2020 to support implementation of the Autism Plan to improve services.
- 12,000 Housing Adaptation Grants will be provided to support people with disabilities in their homes.
Carers and People with Disabilities
- €5 increase for qualified child dependants aged 12 and over, in all weekly payments.
- €2 increase for qualified child dependants up to age 12, in all weekly payments.
- Fuel Allowance will increase by €3.50 to €28.00 per week – over 375,000 households to benefit.
- Highest ever Carer’s Support Grant of €1,850 per year (increase of €150) to be paid in 2021 – to benefit over 130,000 carers.
- €5 increase in the weekly Living Alone Allowance from €14 to €19 for people with disabilities who are living alone – over 221,000 to benefit.
- Earnings disregard for people receiving Disability Allowance who are working to increase by €20 per week to €140.
- New €1,000 Training Grant to help people with disabilities who are seeking employment.