This updates page has been set up to provide publicly available information, updates and access to resources for everyone who engages with IWA-Sport including our Members, Volunteers, Parents, Gym Members and Sports Camp attendees.
The IWA-Sport COVID-19 Information centre has been set up to provide publicly available information, updates and access to resources for everyone who engages with IWA-Sport including our Members, Volunteers, Parents, Gym Members, Sports Camp attendees.
All COVID-19 information, instructions and protocols is available by using the navigation below.
This page has been set up to provide publicly available information, updates and access to resources for everyone who engages with IWA-Sport including our Members, Volunteers, Parents, Gym Members, Sports Camp attendees.
September 2nd 2021 Update
On the 31st of August, the Government announced Ireland’s plan for the next phase of the response to the Covid-19 pandemic in relation to the resumption of sporting activities.
We are delighted to provide a positive update specifically in relation to the return of IWA Sports and activities, the key information is as follows;
- Outdoor training and competition can continue in line with the current restrictions at play.
- Indoor collective training and competition not permitted until Sept 20th.
From September 20th
For patrons with proof of immunity (vaccinated or recovered).
- Indoor sports training, competition and events.
- Up to 100 (with appropriate protective measures)
For mixed Patrons (with and without proof of immunity).
- Indoor sports training and events only. (competitions not permitted).
- Pods of up to 6 participants will be permitted (this excludes adult coaches/instructors etc.).
- Multiple pods will be permissible and should take into account the overall size of the venue.
- Substantial social distancing between individual pods should be implemented.
Outdoor – Removal of measures such as Pods of 15 in outdoor training etc.
Please note the following important information regarding the planning process which we will undergo in the coming days;
- Up to October 22nd 2021, clubs/sections are required to complete the full return to sport requirements as per IWA-Sport guidelines.
- We will be in contact with Sports Section management committees in the coming days regarding agreeing a competition schedule timeline for your sport.
- We will be in contact with Sports Section Management committees and Clubs regarding the process which will be applied to Patrons with proof of immunity (vaccinated or recovered).
We’d like to take this opportunity to thank all clubs that have returned to their activities in a safe way which is providing an essential physical activity and social outlet for our members.
We are also happy to liaise with clubs who are considering their return. Under the current conditions, the process to adopt the Return to Sport protocols can take up to 2 weeks, so please be mindful of that timeframe when your club begins discussions on returning.
Lastly, looking ahead, Sport Ireland have also provided the following wording regarding the plans from October 22nd onwards. This is subject to change and remains dependent on the public health advise at the time.
October 22nd 2021
Based on the criteria of at or close to 90% of people 16 or over being fully vaccinated in the coming weeks, and having regard to the incidence and behaviour of the disease at that time, the Government plan to remove further statutory restrictions in respect of events and activities from 22nd of October. This plan is based on the prevailing Covid situation of that time and may be subject to change.
Some of the following key measures will be removed;
- Formal requirements/mandates for physical distancing
- Limits on numbers at outdoor events and engaging in sporting activities outdoors
- Restrictions on indoor sports activities and other indoor leisure/community activities
- Certification of immunity or testing as a prerequisite for access to, or engagement in, any activities or events (with exception of international travel).
All clubs and members are reminded that the Return to Sport Protocols must be adhered to in full prior to a return to any activity and that approval to return must be sanctioned by the IWA-Sport NSEC. Please link directly with Sam.firstname.lastname@example.org to engage with the process.
In this section, you will find information on the safe, gradual and inclusive return to organised IWA sport and activities.
- Return to IWA Sport Health Declaration IWA Sport Covid 19 Health Questionnaire.
- Protocols for Safe Return to Sport for IWA Sports & activities
- Sport Ireland Resources
- IWA Data Protection Link to IWA Services Privacy Notice.
Further information and resources to follow.