The Oliver Murphy Youth Leadership programme enables IWA members between the ages of 18 and 23 to undertake training in leadership skills that can be applied to a variety of settings within our organisation as well as contributing to the personal development of the participant
- To support our young Members with leadership skills that may benefit on a personal and social basis in engaging in a programme that encourages initiative and opportunities.
- To develop competencies in communication skills, relationship building skills, planning and problem-solving skills, confidence and agency, resilience and determination & emotional intelligence.
- To enable participants to develop the skills, inspiration, vision, confidence, and action plans needed to be effective leaders.
- To empower participants to make a positive difference through the practice of effective leadership.
The outcome of this project will see participants become empowered to lead among their peers and become advocates for the work of IWA and disability issues through a structured education programme.
How to Apply
Entries to the Oliver Murphy Youth Leadership Programme have now closed. Thank you for your interest.
Course outline & information
- Adult Resilience – FRIENDS programme, promoting resilience, CBT approach, coping strategies.
- Duration 5 weeks – 2 hours per week
- Garda Vetting Child protection-Tusla E-learning
- Duration 1 week (2 hours + e-learning to be completed independently)
- Meyers Briggs, Team Building, Fun Games, First Aid, Facilitation Training, Programme Design Planning, IWA Sport organisation background, Disability Inclusion Training, volunteer opportunities.
- Duration 4 weeks (2 hours per week)
Total duration 10 weeks.
Online, beginning Tuesday March 2nd and running on consecutive Tuesdays for 10 weeks. (Dates subject to change)
To be eligible for this programme you must:
- Be an IWA-Sport member
- Be between the ages of 18 and 23 years
- Provide a motivation statement as to why you would like to undertake this training
- Limited to 12 participants. If the programme is oversubscribed applications will be screened and a final selection made.
This initiative is supported by