Popular Questions

  • Where can I get information about grants for adaptations to my home?

    More information about housing adaptions can be found on the government website page: Housing Adaptation Grants for older people and people with a disability (Private Houses)
  • What are the criteria that allow you to apply for a parking permit?

    Please visit our Parking Permits portal for our guide to disabled parking permits
  • How do I get Personal Assistant care and support at home?

    Contact must be made with your local HSE health centre. Personal assistance services are funded by the HSE and may be provided by a voluntary sector organisation such as Irish Wheelchair Association or it may be provided by another organisation that the HSE chooses.

    The application process for a Personal Assistant is different in each area and is dependent upon the funding available.

    Personal Assistant services can also be purchased privately. We operate a private service, IWA at Home Tax relief is available on Personal Assistant services purchased privately.

    Please visit our Assisted Living service for more information.
  • Where can I get the universal key for accessible toilets?

    The key is available from J. Williams Locksmiths, 8 Whitefriars, Aungiers Street, Dublin 1. Tel: 01 475 6307. Mobile: 087 243 8053.

    The key costs €20.00 and can be sent by registered post for an extra €14.50.
  • As a wheelchair user, where can I get travel insurance?

    We have partnered with JLT Insurance Brokers Ireland Limited. Telephone: 1890 700 744.

    JLT Ireland provides Irish Wheelchair Association members with single and multi-trip travel insurance options, home insurance and car insurance.

Search by Topic

Contact Customer Care

Get in touch with IWA's Customer Care Department for any queries you may have.

Other options